OET SPEAKING SAMPLE TEST
The speaking sub-test is delivered personally and takes approximately 20 minutes. You have to be aware of this aspect of OET by making use of the materials in this profession. You need to take on the professional role. The interlocutor plays a patient or a client or sometimes the patient’s relative. The individual may be the owner for the veterinary science.
Speaking Sample Test Structure
In the speaking test, your profession and identity are checked by the interlocutor in a thorough manner. Some general discussion regarding your professional background is done when you do a warm-up conversation. You are introduced to the role plays one by one. You are given at least 2 to 3 minutes for each role play. The two role plays take approximately five minutes each.
- You can get information for every role play on a card which you may keep when you do the role play.
- You have the choice to write notes on the card in case you wish.
- The card explains the entire situation and what you need to do.
- If you have any queries or confusion about the content of the role play or how a role play works, you may ask them at the time of the preparation provided to you.
- The role plays are based on real time workplace situations and exhibit the demands made on the professional basis in those situations.
- Various role plays are used for different candidates at the time of the administration of the test.
- The interlocutor has got complete information to use in each role play.
- You have to be prepared for your speaking test.
- You need to be highly confident in the role plays when the speaking is going on.
- It is always good to see into the eyes of others and not see here and there.
- You have to be highly confident of what you say.
- You have to be precise and clear in what you say.
- You have to be audible.
How is speaking assessed in OET?
- The speaking test is recorded and the audio recording is evaluated.
- The speaking sub-test is marked on an independent basis by at least two trained people
- Neither of them is aware of what scores the other has provided you or what scores you have accomplished in any of the other sub-tests.
- Your interlocutor plays no role in the evaluation of your performance
- OET Assessor’s judgments are specific and targeted.
- Assessors are trained to concentrate about how a candidate responds to a specific task on that day.
- You need to know that the OET is a test of English language skills and it is not a test of professional knowledge.
Sample tests help in preparing a great deal for your examination. It helps one to be highly confident in the role play. The OET trainers assist you do the preparations nicely for the Speaking test. The candidates who pay utmost attention to the specific details of a particular role play task, exhibit their ability in the significant areas. Your performance in every role play is scored against the 5 criteria. These are:
- communicative effectiveness
- Grammar resources and Expression.